Twenty Free Things to Do in Glasgow
There is absolutely tons to do in Glasgow for free, here is a list of our top twenty!
1. Explore Kelvingrove Park
A peaceful and picturesque park offering stunning views, walking paths, and beautiful gardens.
2. Visit the Riverside Museum
Discover the city’s transport history through engaging exhibits and interactive displays.
3. Admire the Glasgow Necropolis
Take a peaceful stroll through this Victorian cemetery with remarkable architecture and panoramic views.
4. Wander around the Botanic Gardens
Enjoy the tranquility of lush greenhouses, stunning flora, and peaceful pathways.
5. Tour the People’s Palace
Learn about Glasgow’s social history and explore the Winter Gardens and iconic Doulton Fountain.
6. Discover the Gallery of Modern Art
Explore an extensive collection of contemporary art while experiencing the vibrant atmosphere of Royal Exchange Square.
7. Soak in the atmosphere of George Square
Take a break in the heart of Glasgow, surrounded by impressive architecture and stunning statues.
8. Explore the Glasgow Green
Enjoy a leisurely walk or picnic in the oldest public space in Glasgow, home to iconic landmarks such as the People’s Palace.
9. Visit the House for an Art Lover
Marvel at the stunning architecture and charming gardens inspired by renowned architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
10. Stroll along the Clyde Walkway
Enjoy picturesque river views and stunning nature on this scenic walking route alongside the River Clyde.
11. Unwind at the Glasgow Science Centre
Discover fascinating interactive exhibits and learn about the wonders of science, space, and technology.
12. Take a guided tour of Glasgow Cathedral
Explore the history and stunning architecture of this medieval cathedral.
13. Enjoy live music at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
Catch a gig at this iconic music venue that has hosted well-known bands and rising stars.
14. Discover the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Explore an extensive collection of art and artifacts, including works by Dali and Van Gogh.
15. Visit the Clydeside Distillery
Learn about the rich whisky heritage of Glasgow and enjoy a tour and tasting experience.
16. Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the Barras Market
Explore this bustling market filled with antiques, clothes, and fresh produce.
17. Attend a performance at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Catch a concert, play, or opera at one of the leading performing arts institutions.
18. Wander through the University of Glasgow
Explore the stunning campus, including the iconic quadrangles and the beautiful Cloisters.
19. Explore the Mackintosh House
Step inside the reconstructed home of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and experience his innovative design firsthand.
20. Take in panoramic views from The Lighthouse
Climb to the top of this iconic Mackintosh-designed building for breathtaking views of Glasgow’s skyline.